Over the past few weeks, I have not been able to slow down.
As the days get shorter, I am almost frantic to get things accomplished. And the thought of self-care, of “me” time, makes me cringe. There is no way I can be available for me, there is too much to do.
So now I am recognizing this as a clear sign I need to slow down.
But knowing is different from doing.
In fact, I am going to end this because in the next two hours I must:
- Pack my lunch for work
- Empty the clean dishes out of the dishwasher
- Put the birdfeeder out for the day
- Boil macaroni for chicken salad with pasta
- Cube the cooked chicken to go in the salad
- Cut up the vegetables, nuts, and graapes for the salad
- Get a shower
- Put on my work clothes
- GO VOTE before going to work